Oh, how I love California! I wish that we could visit more often because we always have a fabulous time when we go down. We flew down Christmas morning (I know, we are crazy...) and stayed until New Years Day. There was lots of fun and relaxation and partying-- everyone had a blast! The main event of the vacation was celebrating the 65th birthday of John's Dad. This was the first time that all seven kids were together with their families since John got home from his mission! It was wonderful! Here are some pics of our time there, including a FREEZING trip to the beach, park fun, family partying and flow-riding (John's brother, Gary, hooked us up in Lindsay, CA). Good times.
You might notice that John and I still think that we're 18 years old. After we "flowrode", I hurt. And I'm talking about pain that I never believed existed (and I have had two children-- one naturally, for Pete's sake!). For some reason we turn into teenagers when we get to Cali. I love it!

6 comments:
Love it! Looks like so much fun! It's funny how we take up our natural position when we get to our growing up places. I always get stationed as the "baby girl" and everyone in my family caters to me and takes care of everything around me. Nice, you would think, but I always feel SPOILED and a little LAZY.:) My oldest sister still takes care of evreyone around her, my brother turns to ultra tease mode and so forth... so acting like teenagers when you get to california is perfectly natural, it could feel just like dating again! :)
Anyways, so glad you got some R&R on your vacation! Are you still sore? Hope you feel better!
What is flowriding? I have never heard of that! I agree with Lana when I go back home I turn back into the sassy 16 year old and start getting "the look" again from my Mom. But when I get with my sisters it is crazy fun being immature again! I am glad you are back and I am glad that your trip was so much fun! lets get together soon!
It looks like you had a great time! I second Elizabeth's question, what is flowriding?
it's a surfing/boogey-boarding ride... they shove water at you and see what you can do with it. you can find them on cruise ships and other places. lots of fun but definitely for the fit. i looked like a tub-o-mama with a wetsuit on.
You got some great pictures!! It was so much fun being together. We also were able to meet your brother. We went over to the house on New Year's day and he was there. What a nice guy. But...we missed you guys!!!
Looks like you guys had a great time! If you ever have some spare time when you're visiting in CA - we should try to get together. It would be fun with the kids! (Ps - I have been transferring some of my videos to DVD and found some of you on them!)
Post a Comment